NOTICE to HORSE exhibitors – Equine Flu (June 17th 2019)
- If you have any concerns about your horse's health (fever, cough, lethargy etc.) do not go to the competition
- Do not let your horse graze at the competition, an infectious horse may have grazed in that field too!
- Do not share water or feed buckets or use communal water troughs. Its preferable for competitors to bring their own water
- Do not share tack, such as bits and bridles
- Don’t let your horse make contact with other horses. As a result the show has increased the width of the horse lanes
- Ensure if you’re stabling away, that the stable has been cleaned and disinfected - including feed mangers and water drinkers before you use it
- Isolate your horse when returning to your home premises. Carefully monitor incl. taking its rectal temperature twice daily. Any concerns call your vet
NOTICE to HORSE exhibitors – Equine Flu (June 12th 2019)
With due consideration to all advice received, we can confirm that all horse section classes will go ahead as per the show schedule. There will be certain precautionary measures in place as far as is reasonably practicable on show day.
We would encourage you as exhibitors to ensure that your horses are fit and well prior to departure to the showground. If you have concerns you should check with your veterinary practice.
Mae'r wefan yma wedi cael ei ddiweddaru ar Fai 13eg 2019 gyda gwybodaeth sioe eleni. This website has been updated on May 13th 2019 with the latest information for this year's show.
Our show performs a significant role in local rural life in Carmarthenshire and we are proud to support and serve local farmers, traders and the community in general. We are located on the edge of the village allowing us to benefit from close proximity to local agricultural activity whilst enjoying close community feel and atmosphere of a local village show.
If you like to join in, Dad can enter a cow or two, the children could enter a calf or lamb, show a pony or your four legged friend into the Dog Show, Mum could bake a cake, enter a jam or chutney.
There is plenty for the children to do with a fairground and various activities throughout the field. It’s a great day out for all the family so, be sure to fill the car up and come along to join us for the fun. Please feel free to download or view the schedule and review the large selection of varied classes.
The Committee would like to thank all of our Sponsors and Exhibitors who’s continued support and assistance we could not do without.
An extremely successful Grand National charity fund raiser event was held on April 6th. A significant sum of money was raised with this year being the 10th consecutive year for the show to host it. Thanks to all who supported.